Game Developer and Engineer who has 4 years’ experience developing video games and 2 years’ experience with system integration testing.
Passionate developer who tackles problems with a software testing mindset. Has automated over 200 test cases and built tools to assist with testing, including an IP traffic generator. Shipped three PC games with more on the way. Experienced at managing their own workflow while simultaneously collaborating with a team to decide upon goals and directives.
Programming: .NET Framework, C#, Ruby, Gherkin, Python, Powershell, Bash, Batch, C++, SQL
Tools: Unity3D, VSCode, RubyMine, Selenium, Flask, Git, Cucumber, Azure DevOps, Microsoft ServiceBus, SSMS
Other: Agile, Scrum, Kanban, Linux, Raspbian
Test Automation Engineer, Aclara Technologies LLC (2018 – 2020)
Automated test cases for the System Integration Testing team. Tests interacted with physical hardware, virtual machines, websites, databases, software, and in-house tools, libraries, and APIs. While not automating would actively develop other frameworks and tools to assist manual testers, as well as maintain existing code.
- Automated over 200 test cases on actively releasing and updating hardware and software.
- Independently developed an IP traffic generator that is used in-house to performance test.
- Became skilled at debugging systemic issues from the hardware all the way to the backend software, including the many systems and services in between.
- Developed and maintained APIs to interface with in-house APIs and existing hardware.
- Assisted with virtual machine environment management by developing a Powershell framework to run system tasks when new software releases were available and installed.
- Maintained the automation framework by utilizing daily and weekly smoke test suites to avoid bit rot.
Independent Game Developer (2019 – Present)
Worked as a multifaceted game developer, mainly as a programmer but also as a level designer and project manager.
- Led a team of five people to ship a fully functioning 2D adventure game in under 48 hours during the 2019 Global Game Jam.
- Was level designer and programmer for a 2D action platformer that was shipped within 48 hours at the 2020 Global Game Jam.
- Self-taught 3D art skills to bring to life a 3D Adventure Game, their first fully independent game.
- Independently developed and ported to Android a color-based puzzle game.
- Is collaborating with an artist to create a UI-based puzzle game.